- Beetroot, potato and apple in quantities you wish.
Generally 1 large beetroot will need double the volume of potato and 1 large Bramley apple
- Eggs to bind (2)
- 1 tsp spices (salt, pepper, ginger, chilli)
- Grate beetroot, potato and apple.
- Add spices and eggs and mix well.
- Heat up a heavy bottom casserole type dish or frying pan that can go in the oven. I used coconut oil (about 1 tbs), but use whatever fat you wish.
- Once the fat is hot add the mixture and press down.
- Put in a hot oven (175 degrees C ish) for about 45 minutes.
Tip: this would be nice served with a fried egg!