We Are Committed To Protecting And Respecting Your Privacy.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We recommend that, from time to time, you visit our website to review this policy to stay up to date with any changes to it.
Registering With The Information Commissioner
Since Granville Park Allotments processes only information which is relevant to managing our allotment sites and the affairs of our ground we do not need to register with the Information Commissioner.
However, we must still obey the current legal requirements in the processing we do.
What Establishes Our Data Protection Obligations To You?
Granville Park Allotments are required to process your personal data in accordance with the law.
The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) implements the EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (EU Directive 95/46/EC).
From 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (EU Regulation 2016/679) will come into force; it replaces the DPA.
What Personal Data Do We Collect And Process About You?
To manage your membership of Granville Park Allotments, we will process personal data about our members, such as your full name, postal address, e-mail address, and landline and/or mobile phone numbers.
If relevant, we may also collect and hold data such as details about your plot(s), and other information that helps us to provide our members with a better service that is capable of being tailored to specific requirements or particular needs.
How Do We Collect This Personal Data?
Information That You Give To Us
This is the personal data that you provide to us, for example by filling in forms on our website (www.granivlleparkallotments.org.uk) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, post, social media or otherwise.
This personal data would relate to applications for membership, requests to rent a plot, entering our annual show, or any other communications relating to your membership of the association.
Information We Collect When Visiting Our Website
We monitor website behaviour through Google Analytics. We collect information about how each visitor uses our site. These are then used to compile reports and to help us improve our site. Information is collected in an anonymous form, including:
- The number of visitors to the site
- Where visitors have come to the site from
- The pages visited
Granville Park Allotments wants to provide you with the best possible service. We are always looking for ways to improve. This includes improving our website so that it provides the information that you need, on a regularly updated basis and in an easily accessible way.
Cookies On Our Website
To improve and keep our website up-to-date, we collect information about your visit and we may share some of this information with our third party data analytics service providers to help us assess and improve our website. When this website data is shared with third parties, it will be provided as anonymised, aggregated data with personal data no longer identifiable.
Information that we may collect from your visit includes your device’s Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), services you viewed or searched for, page response times, and length of visits to certain pages.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly.
For What Purposes Do We Collect And Use Your Personal Data?
Our General Policy
To meet requirements of the GDPR the association will:
- Only collect information needed for the business of Granville Park Allotments – We will ask the question “Does Granville Park Allotments really need to keep this item of information on file?”
- Keep it secure – Granville Park Allotments will not allow members access to each other’s personal data. For example e-mails to all members will use blind copies, so that members do not see everyone else’s e-mail address. Committee members are entitled to access all information held by their society or its officers acting for the society, but they will not be asking for personal data unless they need it to discharge their duty as a committee member.
- Ensure it is relevant and up to date –Members will be asked to confirm or correct the information Granville Park Allotments holds about them when they pay their rent or renew their membership each year. A review may be conducted if felt necessary by the General Committee.
- Only hold as much as needed, and only for as long as needed – There are good reasons for holding ex-plot holders’ details for a time in case of further contact. Records will not include member’s age or date of birth. We will only ask to see proof of age that a member is over 65 as this entitles them to a reduced rent.
- Allow the subject of the information to see it on request – This is a legal right, and members will be allowed to inspect the data held on them.
We Process The Personal Data Held About You In The Following Ways:
- To manage your application for membership of Granville Park Allotments and UAGS
- To manage your application for rental of a plot
- To administer your membership of Granville Park Allotments
- To notify you of events that the association is organising for members
- To send periodic emails – The email address you provide when applying for membership, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your membership
- To provide you with our newsletter
- To enable compliance with statutory and legal obligations
- To administer and improve our website and other communications with you
- To respond to any complaint that you might make
- To contact you in an emergency
- To answer general enquiries that you may make
- To maintain the history of Granville Park Allotments officials
We will not process your personal data:
- To conduct market research
- To pass it to a third party for that party’s or any other party’s purposes
- To sell it to a third party
When Do We Disclose Personal Data?
To fulfil our statutory obligation with regards to the Trafford Council and the association membership of The National Allotment Society, it may be necessary for Granville Park Allotments to share your personal data with others, including:
- Trafford Council – Plotholder details, for regulatory purposes
- UAGS – as our intermediary to Trafford Council
- The National Allotment Society – For insurance purposes
- Analytics providers that assist us with improvement of our website
- Mailing providers who send our associations emails on our behalf
- And as might be required by law, including compliance with any court order or legal obligation.
When entering into any agreements that involve the sharing or disclosure of personal data, Granville Park Allotments requires that these third parties comply with our data protection and information security policies or have substantially similar policies of their own in place.
What Are Your Rights?
The GDPR provides you with a number of rights in relation to your personal data. These include rights to the rectification or erasure of your personal data, and to restrict or object to its processing.
If you find that any of the personal data that we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or contains errors, please notify us in writing and we shall undertake to make the appropriate corrections at the earliest opportunity.
Should you wish to have some or all of your personal data erased, we will endeavour to do so although there may be instances where legitimate interests or the performance of our statutory obligations prevent us from doing so. The erasure of your personal data could result in an inability to provide you with some or all of our services.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails from us, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email, however doing so will result in not being notified of the following:
- The newsletter
- Advance notice of the annual summer show
- Important news relating to Granville Park Allotments or the allotment site
- Advance notice of the annual AGM
- Notice regarding rents
Restriction Or Objection
If you wish to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed by us, you can do so by writing to us. Please see our contact details below. Please be aware that such requests could result in an inability to provide you with some or all of our services.
You may request that Granville Park Allotments provide the personal data that we hold about you to another data controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
You may request to be told whether or not personal data about you is being processed by Granville Park Allotments. If your personal data is being processed, you are entitled to receive a response from us that provides you with a description of that personal data, the purpose for which it is processed, the recipients or category of recipients to whom that data is disclosed (including any recipients located outside the EEA), the source of the personal data, and information about its retention and storage. A copy of the personal data that is undergoing processing shall be provided to you.
To make such requests, you can email us at email@example.com.
Your questions, comments or requests relating to our processing of your personal data or this policy are welcome, and you may contact us via our Contact Us webpage. This webpage provides a number of contact details relating to our different interests.
Alternatively, you may contact us in relation to data protection matters by emailing us at: